LEGO City Undercover
Lego City Undercover is an action-adventure game. TT Fusion developed it for the Wii U. The game was released in 2013, and now you can see it remastered for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The game takes inspiration from the typical dumb cop action, kung-fu, gangster, prison movies, and even detectives. It remains an amusing riff on police procedurals. Lego City Undercover is full of exciting side missions and collectibles to hunt down. It’s a solid police story with dynamic crime-fighting, so get ready for the chase.
There are lots of improvements on the Lego City Undercover since it came out on the Wii U. The graphical development, items, different objects, and textures now look better. Still, some odd graphical blemishes are worsening the impressions from the game.
Everything happens in an immense Lego City where you control Chase McCain — an undercover cop. Chase fights crime and hunts the villains. He can do wall jumping and swing across the poles. He pilots various vehicles like automobiles and helicopters and uses bricks to create multiple objects.
It’s fun to get new disguises which will give you the unique abilities. For example, if you wear a robber disguise, you will be able to break locks.
You can also play other personages as soon as they’re unlocked. However, they talk with Chase’s voice in all the situations, except those cut-scenes where Chase can’t be seen.
You may notice that the game’s gameplay borrows from the Grand Theft Auto series. But this fact doesn’t spoil the Lego City Undercover concept. It is role-reversed with the main character as a police officer enforcing the law. You will only commit offenses against the law on several occasions to infiltrate criminal gangs. That’s why the game is appropriate for everyone that is 10 years old and over. You’ll see mild cartoon violence and heat some crude language in Lego City Undercover, but you won’t find anything inappropriate for kids in this age range. The gameplay is simple enough for children to progress and have fun.
The controls are straightforward and accessible. But platforming and the camera are sometimes awkward. The main character moves pretty well, and it’s exciting to experiment with various vehicles within the game.
Replay Value 4,5/5
It’s entertaining to play Lego City Undercover again and again. Why? Just look at these features:
- 20 different districts available for investigation;
- an open-world metropolis;
- busting the car thieves;
- movie references you may find;
- lots of vehicles;
- hundreds of collectibles, and much more.
You’ll enjoy following the ingenious and exciting storytelling with good humor. Lego City Undercover provides you with fun-filled experience anytime you play it.
Lego City Undercover is free to play and offers no in-game purchases. You will have to pay only once — before installing the game.
Lego City Undercover doesn't quite stand out now, in 2017. There are some technical problems, but the game still looks good. It provides an easy-going and fun time. The amazing storylines and scenarios are available, as are the funny jokes inspired by famous movies. All in all, Lego City Undercover has plenty to offer.
- Graphics 4
- Gameplay 5
- Controls 4
- Replay Value 4.5
Lots of collectibles;
An in-depth gameplay;
Funny movie parodies.
Lengthy and annoying loading times;
- 1. All review text and other content are original. The copyright of all game, hardware and software reviews and images belong to our editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden. Some of brand names, logos and screenshots are used in order of qualified relationships.
- 2. All the information on this website is strictly observed all the terms and conditions of Google Ads Advertising policies, Google Unwanted Software policy and Microsoft Advertising policies.
- 3. We provide the official download links to legal sources like official websites, Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Market, Nintendo eShop, Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, GOG, Humble Bumble and other.
- One of the most trending games right now!
- You just can't miss this game!
Was this review helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this review:
We are striving for excellence and want to become better.
We appreciate and encourage any feedback.
Please, share your thoughts on our website – leave us a message on the «Contact us» page.